Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chapter 5

This chapter contained an abundance of information on creating objectives and standards. There was discussion on covert behaviors or things that cannot be observed and overt behaviors which can be observed. It also discussed each level of the cognitive domain, psychomotor domain, and the affective domain. I liked that the text included words to help teachers formulate objectives. It is always useful to have a tool to help formulate your objectives. The chapter stressed the importance of careful planning.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, appreciated the multiple examples of overt behaviors that one could incorporate into learning objectives, particularly those for the affective and psychomotor domains. I know I have pretty much only attended to the cognitive domain in past lesson plans. I can see how, for this population in particular, attending to the full spectrum of learning behaviors can result in a far more exciting learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with some leadership positions I have taken this year, I am learning that it is completely true that "failing to plan is planning to fail." I hope that all of our peers will learn this before we all go into student teaching/a teaching job. I appreciated also in this chapter the quality of information on ALL of the domains. I feel like the cognitive domain is what is the focus because of standardized testing, but I found it really helpful to refocus the role of a teacher and what we are really trying to do!

    ReplyDelete