Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 gave a thorough explaination of the types of assessment and how to create them. The authors discussed portfolios. I have not been able to use the portfolio for several years due to a hectic schedule. I teach 4-5 subjects each year and at 5-8 grades so it is difficult to be organized for portfolios. However, that being said, when I do move into just one content area I do think that I will use portfolios with my students. I like the idea of keeping a record for them to self-reflect and discuss. It is also a great way to see growth over a long period of time. The chapter also discussed how to prepare test items. I liked that it discussed that assessments given by the textbook companies aren't necessarily valid. Too many teachers rely on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment